Mission, Accreditation, and Policy on Non-Discriminationbe.official
Elk County Catholic School System, an educational ministry of the Diocese of Erie, rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is committed to the highest standards of academic excellence. With God as our constant source of inspiration, our mission is to develop the whole student in mind, body, and spirit while nurturing the values of knowledge, peace, and holiness.
Elk County Catholic High School, St. Marys Catholic Middle School and St. Marys Catholic Elementary School are all accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Middle States Association (MSA) was established by the academic profession in 1887 to set standards for American education. The MSA accredits public, independent, and religious schools serving students in NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, PR, and the USVI, as well as international schools throughout Africa, Europe, and the mid- and near-East. As accredited schools, ECCHS, SMCMS and SMCES have met standards for…
- defining appropriate educational goals and providing educational programs to achieve them;
- maintaining a qualified faculty and an effective school organization;
- assessing outcomes of school experiences and controlling the quality of educational programs;
- responding to concerns of parents and needs of the school community;
- providing for the continuity of its programs and planning for their future;
- describing with accuracy the content of its services and programs.
Policy on Non-Discrimination
The Elk County Catholic School System does not discriminate against any qualified student or employee because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability or age, as required by law in the administration of its educational or hiring policies, admission procedures, financial aid/scholarship awards and/or any other school administered programs.