Middle/High School Cafeteria Staff Worker
5 – 5.5 hours/day; 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
Reports to the Cafeteria Manager
• Preparation and serving of food to students at lunchtime
• Complete required data for production records daily, including temperature logs on food and cooler/freezer.
• Assist with meal planning
• Clean and sterilize utensils, machines, and other equipment used during food preparation
• Ensure that students are served appropriate portion sizes and be able to recognize a reimbursable meal
• Become knowledgeable of, and able to operate the point of service system at lunch
• Store and handle food in safe ways
• Assist with special events when needed
• Participate in all training as required by the USDA and NSLP
• Responsible for obtaining 6 continuing education credits per year
• Must obtain clearances and background check
• Must be reliable, energetic, and a team player.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically.
• Must be able to reach above your head to put things on a shelf.
• Must be able to crouch down to reach items in a lower cupboard.
• Must be able to be on your feet for the majority of the 5 hours.